We are a brewery, and so much more. At The Lab we will be brewing and serving new, exciting beers along with classic styles. In addition, we will be crafting other alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinks such as hard seltzer and natural sodas. We will also be serving several packaged nonalcoholic products from other companies, something for everyone. We will also have a quality control laboratory on premises. We will test our products to make sure they are top notch, and other breweries will send us samples to check their quality. There’s more, we are also a pilot facility. We work with other breweries on new and cutting-edge recipes. One of the most exciting aspects to our taproom will be our self-serve tap wall! Guests will be able to pour the beer themselves, if they would like to.
Our staff will need to be a beer lover, first and foremost! We will be changing our tap lineup on a consistent basis so, eager to learn and being able to adapt is also key. We are very excited to share this concept with our guests. They will be able to give feedback on what they are drinking, this will inevitably influence what we brew in the future. Their feedback could help launch the next “big thing”. We are going to need our staff to talk confidently about our offerings. Let’s not forget though, this is a taproom, a place to relax and have fun. We want guests and staff to enjoy our comfortable, clean atmosphere and have a good time.
We are looking for full and part-time Bartenders and Tap Wall Guides.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- A knowledge of craft beer, and a desire to learn more
- Must be 21 years old, to sample product
- High school diploma or GED
- 2+ years customer service experience required with bartending/restaurant/brewery experience preferred
- Experience in a fast-paced work environment and the ability to multi task; the ability to think on your feet and adapt with flexibility is key
- Work nights, weekends and some holidays, flexibility will be helpful for the whole team
- Ability to lift 50lb on a regular basis, move kegs in the cooler, changing kegs, stand the duration of a shift
- Ability to communicate well with guests and coworkers.
- Be ready to work when you are here; be clean, prompt and respectful, ready to move and multitask
- Complete Alcohol Awareness training, Beer 101 and other education provided by The Lab
- Detail oriented and motivated
- Live our Core Values – Show You Care, Be OUTstanding, and Make It Happen
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions**):
- Talking to people. The main part of this job will be talking about our ever-changing product. We won’t be serving liquor, or food. We will be relying on you to tell our story, to grow and maintain our client base. Our main goal, as a team, is to make our guests feel comfortable and engaged.
- Learn about craft beverages, our offerings especially
- Maintain a positive attitude with self, guests and team
- Keep a clean, welcoming bar and taproom, completing daily and weekly cleaning duties, opening and closing duties
- Work well in and with a team. We will all be working together to keep the taproom moving well for guests, this isn’t a solo show.
- Ability to handle money and learn our point of sale system
- Maintain a safe environment for everyone, staff and guests
- Bussing the tables, washing dishes and restocking them behind the bar and at the tap wall
- Behind the bar; setting up pour pass cards for the tap wall, pouring beer, selling packaged NA drinks
Compensation range: $15-18 per hour, subject to change
To Apply: Please send resume to email@example.com.