The Credit Manager will oversee the company’s credit policy which includes maintaining and updating processes, approving credit/financing terms, and collecting on escalated delinquent or “at risk” account. The Manager will set credit-rating criteria, determine credit ceilings, and be actively engaged with departments critical to enforce policies. The manager will also oversee our deferred revenue practices and recording of sales related to GAAP.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- In conjunction with sales and finance leaders, determines and updates credit policies and procedures. Recommends or approves installment agreements and/or financing arrangements.
- Establishes standards for credit granting, development of criteria for credit limits, special terms, etc within assigned authority.
- Reviews all credit or financing requests, processes information, performs credit investigations and approves/disapproves credit with any related terms, conditions, or limits. Approves sales orders accordingly and notifies internal departments of any credit changes.
- Reviews status of aged and delinquent accounts with key credit department on a weekly basis. Supervises preparation and transmitting of letters and notices on delinquent accounts. When appropriate, determines and recommends new repayment terms.
- Reviews and recommends accounts for outside collection agencies or legal action and follows through as required. Negotiates settlements on bankrupt accounts or when appropriate. Records any judgments with state counties as necessary
- Reviews and recommends accounts to be charged-off, prepares applicable reports and notifies credit bureau
- Maintains current knowledge of the Fair Debt Collection Act and all state and federal laws and regulations applying to credit granting or collection activities.
- Executes routine review of customer accounts and their terms and evaluates against risk assessments according to policy and notifies upper management of concerns and status changes.
- Evaluates our customer credit exposure against vendor credit exposure at a customer level.
- Assist with the execution of quarterly business reviews and year-end financial audits
- Reconciles Prepaid Customer account against Prepaid Vendor account and reports any exposure
- Manages the customer exit strategy and exposure when customers go through our “close down” process.
- Maintains Deferred Revenue recognition practices on Development Pre-production revenue
- Prepayment Sales Order release process ownership and final approval according to credit policy. Work with internal managers to ensure current credit policy aligns with current business supply chain risks to mitigate any exposure due to market fluctuations or pricing changes.
- Ad-hoc projects as necessary
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Management, or 3-5 years minimum experience in Accounting at companies with heavy Accounts Receivables
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Experience in NetSuite a plus
- Ability to succeed in fast-paced, high-growth, dynamic workplace
- Strong problem solving with ability to develop/implement solutions
- Strong aptitude for analysis
- Strong technology knowledge and application
- Experience in EOS a plus
To Apply: Please email your resume to email@example.com. Video cover letters are strongly encouraged.