As the Lab Technologist, you will perform day to day analytical and microbiological analysis of beer and other beverages. This position will also perform duties related to data management, sensory, and production support including microbial, analytical, allergen, and physical testing. This position will report directly to the Lab Manager.
Shift will be 10am-7pm Thursday through Monday.
About BevSource & The Lab
BevSource is a leading provider of beverage development and operations solutions for beverage entrepreneurs all over the world. We've been bringing beverage ideas to life since 2002. As the beverage industry has evolved over the years, so has BevSource. Our latest resource for beverage innovators is our state-of-the-art pilot production and quality testing facility, The Lab. But what truly makes The Lab unique is our public-facing taproom, inclusive of everyone and offering more than just beer. This is where tasters and makers come together.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Collects, process, analyze, and reports beverage sample data related to the identity, content, and stability of samples in a manner that meets internal and customer desired needs and turnaround times while ensuring the quality and accuracy of the results
- Operating, calibrating, troubleshooting, and maintaining laboratory equipment
- Preparing media
- Maintains QC databases; including but not limited to data entry, record keeping, trending, and data analysis
- Conducts beverage production QC
- Utilize basic Statistical Process Control (SPC) tools to monitor trends and report any anomalies
- Assists with beverage pilot facility functions and support as needed
- Manages yeast propagation and handling
- Ensures the general cleanliness of lab
- Assists with sample preparation, data entry, and method validation for third-party testing providers
- Maintains a clean and safe working environment
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in microbiology, biochemistry, food science, chemistry, or biology is required; 30 credits in chemistry is desired
- Experience in a R&D/QA/QC lab is required, food or beverage lab desired
- Microbiological and/or analytical experience in a beverage R&D/QA/QC lab is desired
- Knowledge of microbiological evaluation, techniques and methodologies
- Knowledge of media, aseptic techniques, sterile filtration, PCR, ELISA, titrations, and spectrophotometry
- Sound knowledge of aseptic sampling, processing, and microorganism physiology
- Experience in a TTB accredited lab a plus
- Familiar with standard laboratory instrumentation; pH meters, spectrophotometer, GC, centrifuges, autoclave, microscope, ELISA, PCR equipment, etc.
- Understanding of beverage formulation, production, and other beverage related functions a plus
- An understanding of beverage (TTB/FDA) regulation a plus
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment
- Energetic and enthusiastic with a willingness to learn and grow within the company
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Competency using LMS system, MS Office Suite, and ERP software
- Organized and detail oriented
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong teamwork skills
To Apply: Please send resume and salary requirements to Amber Hofschulte-Beck at firstname.lastname@example.org. Video cover letters are strongly encouraged.