As the Lab Technologist, you will perform day to day analytical and microbiological analysis of beer and other beverages. This position will also perform duties related to data management, sensory, and production support including analytical, allergen, microbial, and physical testing. This position will be chemistry focused, but will need to be able to work across scientific disciplines as needed. This position will report directly to the Lab Manager.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Collects, process, analyze, and reports beverage sample data related to the identity, content, and stability of samples in a manner that meets internal and customer desired needs and turnaround times while ensuring the quality and accuracy of the results
- Operating, calibrating, troubleshooting, and maintaining laboratory equipment
- Maintains QC databases; including but not limited to data entry, record keeping, trending, and data analysis
- Conducts beverage production QC
- Utilize basic Statistical Process Control (SPC) tools to monitor trends and report any anomalies
- Assists with sample preparation, data entry, and method validation for third-party testing providers
- Assists with beverage pilot facility functions and support as needed
- Ensures the general cleanliness of lab
- Maintains a clean and safe working environment
- Preparing media
- Other duties as assigned
WHO YOU ARE:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biochemistry, food science, or biology is required; 30 credits in chemistry is required
- You have experience in a R&D/QA/QC lab is required, food or beverage lab desired
- You show analytical experience in a beverage R&D/QA/QC lab is desired
- You have knowledge of spectroscopy, titrations, DMA/Alcolyzer, standardization of equipment, and development of methodologies is preferred.
- Experience in a TTB accredited lab a plus
- You are familiar with standard laboratory instrumentation; pH meters, spectrophotometer, GC, centrifuges, autoclave, microscope, ELISA, PCR equipment, etc.
- You show an understanding of beverage formulation, production, and other beverage related functions a plus
- You exhibit an understanding of statistical process controls is a plus.
- You show an understanding of beverage (TTB/FDA) regulation a plus
- You have the ability to work with a sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment
- You are an energetic and enthusiastic with a willingness to learn and grow within the company
- You have excellent written and verbal communication
- You are competent using LMS system, MS Office Suite, and ERP software
- You are organized and detail oriented
- You have strong problem-solving skills
- You have strong teamwork skills
To Apply: Please email your resume to email@example.com. Video cover letters are strongly encouraged.