The Office Assistant fulfills office and administrative tasks including maintaining the front desk area and greeting guests, packaging and shipping FedEx shipments, filing retains, cleaning, and answering and directing calls from the main operator line. The Office Assistant is responsible for office assistance of two locations including BevSource located in Little Canada, MN and The Lab located in Saint Paul, MN.
Hours: 8:00 AM-5:00 PM Monday through Friday onsite, and every other Saturday onsite
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Office and administrative tasks
- Manage FedEx requests, including packing boxes and creating labels
- Answer phones and direct calls from the main operator line
- Open, sort and distribute company mail
- Maintain the front desk area and greet guests appropriately
- Maintain office as a whole and keep common areas clean and organized. This includes keeping conference rooms guest ready, stocking beverage coolers, making coffee, maintaining dishes/dishwasher, office furniture assembly, etc.
- Order company supplies including office supplies and miscellaneous packing materials and service office equipment when needed including loading printer paper and toner and schedule maintenance when needed for office space related repairs including fixing doors, changing light bulbs, etc.
- Run company errands to purchase items such as gifts for employees, etc.
- Pack and unpack sample or document shipments
- Maintain clean environment in between professional cleanings such as washing glass, cleaning bathrooms, etc.
- Filing of retains
- Coordination of first production trophies including errands picking up trophies
- Support and coordinate BBIB market events every other Saturday at The Lab (https://blackbusinessisbeautiful.org/)
- Assist production and quality team from time-to-time on production days and miscellaneous tasks
- Provide support organizing company fundraising and volunteer activities for non-profits
- Assist with building maintenance
- Plan and schedule appointments and events
- Set up conference rooms for meetings
- Coordinating various office events and projects
- Perform all other office tasks
- Other projects as assigned
Qualifications & Skills:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work onsite 100% of the time
- Ability to work independently with little to no supervision
- Professional and positive attitude
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- STRONG verbal and written communication skills
- STRONG organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency
- Team player with a passion to support and help others
- Must be highly organized and enjoy a clean work environment
To Apply: Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Video cover letters are strongly encouraged.