The Packaging & Cellar Operator, at our pilot facility and taproom The Lab, will be responsible for day-to-day production related activities including, but not limited to: cleaning/sanitizing product tanks, filtering beer, packaging beer and related products, shipping, and cleaning. This person will also assist in maintenance related tasks pertaining to facility and equipment upkeep along with necessary record-keeping activities. As a Packaging & Cellar Operator, you will work directly with the production team to prepare the production facility for production, as well as process finished products for The Lab and for our contracted clients. The ideal candidate should have a passion for the industry along with being organized, detail oriented, quality minded, outgoing, hard-working, and a want to GROW with us.
Shift will be 9am-6pm Tuesday through Saturday.
About BevSource & The Lab
BevSource is a leading provider of beverage development and operations solutions for beverage entrepreneurs all over the world. We've been bringing beverage ideas to life since 2002. As the beverage industry has evolved over the years, so has BevSource. Our latest resource for beverage innovators is our state-of-the-art pilot production and quality testing facility, The Lab. But what truly makes The Lab unique is our public-facing taproom, inclusive of everyone and offering more than just beer. This is where tasters and makers come together.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Brewery sanitation encompassing facility and processing equipment
- Operate and maintain canning and bottling equipment
- Process, and package beverages in a quality manner
- Follows instructions and SOPs for production and cellar related activities
- Ordering, receiving, and managing inventories of all raw materials for pilot and lab services
- Warehouse tasks to include forklift and pallet jack operation
- Preparation of materials for production
- Proper use and handling of cleaning and sanitation chemicals
- Perform quality assurance testing
- Perform routine maintenance
- Aide in process improvement
- Discusses any and all brewery issues with supervisor
- Adhere to established safety protocol while promoting a culture of safety awareness
- Contributing to an atmosphere of teamwork within the department and throughout the company
- Completing paperwork in a timely manner to a high degree of accuracy
- Attend department meetings and contribute to product improvement
- Actively participates in sensory testing of beverages
- Stays current on industry developments and technology advancements
- Professionally represents The Lab at all times including at industry related events; some travel is required
- Maintains full confidentiality of client names, recipes, business plans, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous brewery or beverage production experience required
- Previous canning/bottling line experience a plus
- Demonstrate leadership and team building skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience in a fast-paced work environment and the ability to multitask; the ability to think on your feet and adapt with flexibility is key
- Ability to organize client projects and follow up
- Ability to travel in the US and Canada for industry events and visits to clients
- Live our Core Values – Show You Care, Be OUTstanding, and Make It Happen
- Safely work with cleaning/sanitizing chemicals and in varying environments
- Effectively manage multiple priorities and have problem solving capabilities
- Must be capable of climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, and completing repetitive motions
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and move 55 lbs (grain sacks) repetitiously and 160 lbs for very short distances (kegs), be able to twist and turn, be able to reach over your shoulders, and work in standing/walking/crouching position at a steady pace and love to clean
- Proven ability to work with little to no supervision and be able to follow directions precisely
To Apply: Please send resume and salary requirements to Amber Hofschulte-Beck at email@example.com. Video cover letters are strongly encouraged.