As a Planner, you will plan all production runs for BevSource clients, including scheduling with co-packers and coordinating all necessary raw materials. Planners work closely and partner with Supply Chain Analysts and Client Experience Managers on the assigned accounts and are involved in communication with customers to discuss pertinent production details when necessary.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Oversee all aspects of the production planning process to ensure production is scheduled within required time frames and that all associated raw materials will be delivered on time
- Create and release work orders
- Review and advise on production planning optimizations including price breaks, material use-ups, limited raw material disposition post-production, and optimal batch sizes for best yields
- Create PO’s and generate cash schedules for Supply Chain Analyst review
- Release and submit production PO’s to vendors
- Work closely with vendors to ensure on-time deliveries for PO’s
- Communicate with co-packers on production schedules and incoming raw material deliveries
- Routinely communicate production forecasts to co-packing facilities
- Communicate production schedules to vendors, Supply Chain Analysts, and clients as needed
- Cross reference material deliveries with purchase order quantities to accurately receive materials into NetSuite
- Manage and resolve escalated issues that jeopardize production timing
- Travel to manufacturing facilities to monitor large-scale production for new and/or existing BevSource clients
- Work with co-packer to receive final production counts, build production assemblies in the system, and communicate final counts to Supply Chain Analyst and client as needed
- Track and monitor actual production loss rates on raw materials
- Ensure NetSuite system data is accurate in regard to work orders, purchase orders, assembly builds and ensure statuses are accurate and orders are closed when applicable
- Obtain post-production quality documents and retains from co-packers. Review for quality control and address quality concerns, presenting final production documentation to Supply Chain Analysts
- Other duties as assigned
WHO YOU ARE:
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Project Management, Business Administration, or related field
- You have 3-5 years minimum experience in Production Planning, Supply Chain, or similar role
- You are a proven self-starter committed to the delivery of quality products and building long term profitable relationships internally and externally
- You have proven experience providing suggestions to improve production and promote cost savings
- You have effective organizational skills to coordinate and analyze multiple projects in a fast-faced environment
- You have experience in roles involving capacity planning and/or raw materials planning
- You have experience in food and beverage industry or consumer packaged goods preferred
- You have experience using MRP/ERP software required, NetSuite preferred
- You have familiarity with consumer products, packaging equipment and materials handling
- You have familiarity of beverage industry standards of quality, food safety and compliance regulations including CFIA, FDA, USDA, TTB, Organic, Kosher, Gluten Free, etc.
- You are customer service driven with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- You are self-directed and hard-working
- You are energetic and enthusiastic with a willingness to learn and grow within the company
- You have strong Excel, mathematical, and negotiation skills
- You have strong teamwork skills
- You have a willingness and flexibility to travel up to 25% of the time (international travel may be required) and the ability to work nights and weekends when traveling
WHY YOU’LL LOVE BEING ON OUR TEAM:
- A people focused virtual culture united by our shared core values and drive towards a united and transparent vision.
- A fast-growing company that embraces change with opportunities to learn, grow, and participate in continuous process improvement. Publicly recognized and named Inc Magazine’s 2250 fasted growing companies. Janet Johanson was named Entrepreneur of the Year for the 2021 Heartland Award winner. Becky DuLac was named 2019 CFO of the Year Honoree.
- Having a voice. We provide empowerment and influence to all our team members.
- We continue to build a diverse and inclusive environment that encourages, celebrates, and welcomes the diverse perspectives of our employees which promotes our innovation and creativity within One BevSource.
- Opportunity to build deep, meaningful, and lasting (we call it RAVING!) relationships with colleagues and industry partners.
- Rich benefits including affordable medical insurance with fitness reimbursement, 3.5% 401(k) match, paid time off, summer hours, and flexible work hours.
To Apply: Please email your resume to email@example.com. Video cover letters are strongly encouraged.