The Compliance Specialist will provide our clients compliance analysis and appropriate registrations through their beverage development process, while collaborating with cross functional partners to ensure a streamlined project plan. The Compliance Specialist needs to be determined, detail oriented with strong time management and prioritization skills to efficiently conduct thorough regulatory reviews within an appropriate timeframe.
BevSource offers workplace flexibility, whether that is working fully remote, in the office, or a hybrid model.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
- Communicate effectively and professionally with Regulatory bodies of government
- Proficiency in US FDA Food / TTB / USDA regulations ability to conduct detailed research and interpretation of regulations and guidance documents
- Expertise in Federal/TTB software (Permits online, Formulas online and COLA’s online)
- Navigation of ShipCompliant software
- Federal and State tax reporting for Beer, Wine & Spirits and making tax payments
- Conduct through regulatory risk analysis for client projects with cross functional partners
- Maintain deadlines
- Communicate timely and effectively with clients while ensuring a sensitivity to urgencies
- Filing tax claims and refunds
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in food science, chemistry, or equivalent
- 1-5 years’ minimum experience in FDA, USDA, and/or TTB Compliance
- Knowledge of beverage industry terms and processes
- Aptitude to learn and understand state and/or federal laws
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Time management skills
NICE IF YOU HAVE:
- NetSuite experience, a plus
WHY YOU’LL LOVE BEING ON OUR TEAM:
- A people focused virtual culture united by our shared core values and drive towards a united and transparent vision.
- A fast-growing company that embraces change with opportunities to learn, grow, and participate in continuous process improvement. Publicly recognized and named Inc Magazine’s 2250 fasted growing companies. Janet Johanson was named Entrepreneur of the Year for the 2021 Heartland Award winner. Becky DuLac was named 2019 CFO of the Year Honoree.
- Having a voice. We provide empowerment and influence to all our team members.
- We continue to build a diverse and inclusive environment that encourages, celebrates, and welcomes the diverse perspectives of our employees which promotes our innovation and creativity within One BevSource.
- At BevSource it isn’t about fitting into our culture it’s about adding to it and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring
- Opportunity to build deep, meaningful, and lasting (we call it RAVING!) relationships with colleagues and industry partners.
- Rich benefits including affordable medical insurance with fitness reimbursement, 3.5% 401(k) match, paid time off, summer hours, and flexible work hours.
If you were excited by any portion of this description but may not think you meet every qualification, that is okay! Don’t disqualify yourself because our team would still love the opportunity to get to know you better. BevSource is all about growth and development!
To Apply: Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Video cover letters are strongly encouraged.