The Packaging & Cellar Operator will be responsible for day to day production related activities to include, but not limited to cleaning/sanitizing product tanks, filtering beer, packaging beer and related products, shipping, and cleaning. This person will also assist in maintenance related tasks pertaining to facility and equipment upkeep along with necessary record-keeping activities. As a Packaging & Cellar Operator, you will work directly with the production team to prepare the production facility for production, as well as process finished products for The Lab and for our contracted clients. The ideal candidate should have a passion for the industry along with being organized, detail oriented, quality minded, outgoing, hard-working, and a want to GROW with us.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Brewery sanitation encompassing facility and processing equipment
- Operate and maintain canning and bottling equipment
- Process, and package beverages in a quality manner
- Follows instructions and SOPs for production and cellar related activities
- Ordering, receiving, and managing inventories of all raw materials for pilot and lab services
- Warehouse tasks to include forklift and pallet jack operation
- Preparation of materials for production
- Proper use and handling of cleaning and sanitation chemicals
- Perform quality assurance testing
- Perform routine maintenance
- Aide in process improvement
- Discusses any and all brewery issues with supervisor
- Adhere to established safety protocol while promoting a culture of safety awareness
- Contributing to an atmosphere of teamwork within the department and throughout the company
- Completing paperwork in a timely manner to a high degree of accuracy
- Attend department meetings and contribute to product improvement
- Actively participates in sensory testing of beverages
- Stays current on industry developments and technology advancements
- Professionally represents The Lab at all times including at industry related events; some travel is required
- Maintains full confidentiality of client names, recipes, business plans, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous brewery or beverage production experience required
- Experience in a fast-paced work environment and the ability to multitask; the ability to think on your feet and adapt with flexibility is key
- Ability to organize client projects and follow up
- Ability to travel in the US and Canada for industry events and visits to clients
- Live our Core Values – Show You Care, Be OUTstanding, and Make It Happen
- Safely work with cleaning/sanitizing chemicals and in varying environments
- Effectively manage multiple priorities and have problem solving capabilities
- Must be capable of climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, and completing repetitive motions
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift and move 55 lbs (grain sacks) repetitiously and 160 lbs for very short distances (kegs), be able to twist and turn, be able to reach over your shoulders, and work in standing/walking/crouching position at a steady pace and love to clean
- Proven ability to work with little to no supervision and be able to follow directions precisely
NICE IF YOU HAVE:
- Previous canning/bottling line experience a plus
- Excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrate leadership and team building skills
WHY YOU’LL LOVE BEING ON OUR TEAM:
- A people focused virtual culture united by our shared core values and drive towards a united and transparent vision.
- A fast-growing company that embraces change with opportunities to learn, grow, and participate in continuous process improvement. Publicly recognized and named Inc Magazine’s 2250 fasted growing companies. Janet Johanson was named Entrepreneur of the Year for the 2021 Heartland Award winner. Becky DuLac was named 2019 CFO of the Year Honoree.
- Having a voice. We provide empowerment and influence to all our team members.
- We continue to build a diverse and inclusive environment that encourages, celebrates, and welcomes the diverse perspectives of our employees which promotes our innovation and creativity within One BevSource.
- At BevSource it isn’t about fitting into our culture it’s about adding to it and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring
- Opportunity to build deep, meaningful, and lasting (we call it RAVING!) relationships with colleagues and industry partners.
- Rich benefits including affordable medical insurance with fitness reimbursement, 3.5% 401(k) match, paid time off, summer hours, and flexible work hours.
- If you were excited by any portion of this description but may not think you meet every qualification, that is okay! Don’t disqualify yourself because our team would still love the opportunity to get to know you better. BevSource is all about growth and development!
If you were excited by any portion of this description but may not think you meet every qualification, that is okay! Don’t disqualify yourself because our team would still love the opportunity to get to know you better. BevSource is all about growth and development!
To Apply: Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Video cover letters are strongly encouraged.