As the Material Planner you will manage the flow of beverage raw materials from initial order placement to on-time delivery. Daily tasks entail creating PO’s (Purchase Orders), updating PO information and status’, and responding to and communicating with internal departments as to information around the PO’s flowing through Purchasing. Communication both internal and external as well as accuracy and timely maintenance of system information is critical. Position will work with supplier portals and systems, and coordinate information between supplier systems and BevSource’s system.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Create and process purchase orders and submit to vendors
- Complete daily follow up with vendors and customers
- Work with production planning team on maintaining integrity of PO’s/SO’s (purchase orders/sales orders) within the Operations and BevSource subsidiaries. Proper ship dates, delivery dates, pricing, etc.
- Maintain PO/SO integrity for all raw material and/or packaging items CP items within NetSuite ERP
- Follow up on any PO’s that are old or not within delivery windows. Provide information to appropriate team members for resolution
- Provide solutions, recommendations, and information with a sense of urgency, positivity, and empathy
- Assist internal departments, and customers when necessary, on status of orders or PO’s
- Ensure consistent, reliable, and timely responses to internal department/customer inquiries and issues
- Review any PO’s and SO’s with receipt/fulfillment issues and resolve per the direction of the team
- Coordinate receipt of proper documentation for shipments, receipts, and other transactions. Follow-up on issues and discrepancies with shipments as directed
- Investigate and follow up on questions/issues to resolve concerns in an accurate and timely manner
- Utilize MRP software and systems effectively and participate in the BevSource EOS/Traction Process
- Obtain product information, data, and miscellaneous certifications
- Troubleshoot through issues as needed
- Work with customer service team to organize and track deliveries
- Work with accounts payables department to resolve invoice discrepancies
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in business, technical discipline, or 2 years of relevant work history
- Customer driven with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Energetic and enthusiastic with a strong desire to learn
- Hard-working with a strong work ethic with a strong desire and passion to help people
- Ability to build relationships with clients, partners, and coworkers
- Ability to work onsite with team approximately 2-3 days per week
NICE IF YOU HAVE:
- 1-3 years minimum of applicable Purchasing experience is preferred
- Strong MRP software and computer skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment
WHY YOU’LL LOVE BEING ON OUR TEAM:
- A people focused virtual culture united by our shared core values and drive towards a united and transparent vision.
- A fast-growing company that embraces change with opportunities to learn, grow, and participate in continuous process improvement. Publicly recognized and named Inc Magazine’s 2250 fasted growing companies. Janet Johanson was named Entrepreneur of the Year for the 2021 Heartland Award winner. Becky DuLac was named 2019 CFO of the Year Honoree.
- Having a voice. We provide empowerment and influence to all our team members.
- We continue to build a diverse and inclusive environment that encourages, celebrates, and welcomes the diverse perspectives of our employees which promotes our innovation and creativity within One BevSource.
- Opportunity to build deep, meaningful, and lasting (we call it RAVING!) relationships with colleagues and industry partners.
- Rich benefits including affordable medical insurance with fitness reimbursement, 3.5% 401(k) match, paid time off, summer hours, and flexible work hours.
If you were excited by any portion of this description but may not think you meet every qualification, that is okay! Don’t disqualify yourself because our team would still love the opportunity to get to know you better. BevSource is all about growth and development!
To Apply: Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Video cover letters are strongly encouraged.