Staff Accountant - Remote Opportunity
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for general ledger completeness and month-end activities as well as day-to-day processes within the finance department.
BevSource offers workplace flexibility, whether that is working fully remote, in the office, or a hybrid model.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
- Responsible for general ledger completeness and accuracy in accordance with GAAP.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and reports.
- Fixed Asset and Inventory processing and reporting.
- Manage the Brand Owner Reporting process (Weekly calculation and reconciliation of Brand Owner funds received by Distributors and the related pass through of the funds to Brand Owners).
- Respond to inquiries from Customers, Distributors and Brand Owners regarding payments received, invoices outstanding, other account questions, etc.
- Reconcile customer accounts and liaise with customers regarding prepayment status, onboarding, etc.
- Maintain bank account reconciliations.
- Research and reconcile accounts as assigned and resolve any discrepancies.
- Provide technical accounting support for the department.
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelors of Science degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent required
- 3+ years of general accounting experience
- Experience with inventory accounting and management a plus
- Must be highly proficient in ExcelMust be detail oriented, ability to work under tight deadlines with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must be enthusiastic and able to work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a self-starter with strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly.
- NetSuite experience a plus.
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuous process improvement and the ability to work effectively with others in a team environment.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE BEING ON OUR TEAM
- A people focused virtual culture united by our shared core values and drive towards a united and transparent vision.
- A fast-growing company that embraces change with opportunities to learn, grow, and participate in continuous process improvement.
- Publicly recognized and named Inc Magazine’s 2250 fasted growing companies. Janet Johanson was named Entrepreneur of the Year for the 2021 Heartland Award winner. Becky DuLac was named 2019 CFO of the Year Honoree.
- Having a voice. We provide empowerment and influence to all our team members.
- We continue to build a diverse and inclusive environment that encourages, celebrates, and welcomes the diverse perspectives of our employees which promotes our innovation and creativity within One BevSource.
- Opportunity to build deep, meaningful, and lasting (we call it RAVING!) relationships with colleagues and industry partners.
- Rich benefits including affordable medical insurance with fitness reimbursement, 6% 401(k) match, paid time off, summer hours, and flexible work hours.
Disclaimer: If you were excited by any portion of this description but may not think you meet every qualification, that is okay! Don’t disqualify yourself because our team would still love the opportunity to get to know you better. BevSource is all about growth and development!
To Apply: Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Video cover letters are strongly encouraged.